Film In Dublin have launched our monthly e-zine Pretty Deadly Films. It celebrates blockbuster films, where the pretty and the deadly do things that are pretty deadly. On film.
Featuring essays, artwork and plenty of little tidbits, PDF is packed with pages celebrating the best of big movies and a must for any film fan. You can sign up for an early heads up to download every month via our mailing list, available HERE
Issue One available now. Pretty Deadly Films # 1 – Birds of Prey is available for free for download below and features:
- Art by David B. Cooper, Sarah Elliott, Simone Kett, Jess Dunne and Laura McNamee
- An article on Margot Robbie’s stunts by Jess Dunne
- A recipe for Harley Quinn’s perfect breakfast sandwich by Grace Tiernan
- An article on what makes Ewan McGregor’s Roman Sionis a perfect villain by Luke Dunne
- And more!
Issue Two available now. Pretty Deadly Films # 2 – Bring It On is available for free for download below and features:
- Art by Jess Dunne, Sarah Elliott and Heather Brennan
- An article on the subversive, proto-feminist filmography of Kirsten Dunst in the late 90s and early 00s by Grace Duffy
- The Rancho Carne Toros school report
- Recs for the next best films you have to see after watching Bring It On
- And more!
Issue Three available now. Pretty Deadly Films # 3 – John Wick Special is available for free for download below. This special bonus length issue features:
- Art by Leeann Hamilton and Adeola Lawal
- An essay on secret worlds and conspiracies in film and John Wick by Darren Mooney
- A graph to find out how John Wick will kill you
- Vital updates on the dog actors of the series
And much more!
Issue Four available now. Pretty Deadly Films # 4 – Halloween Special is available for free for download below. This issue features:
- Art by Amy Louise, Sarah Walsh, Sarah Elliott and Jess Dunne
- An essay on the ridiculous, relentless masculinity of The Guest by Luke Dunne
- A fun House activity page for the kids!
- Horror short film recsDOWNLOAD